Trademark and Copyright Contact
Lisa’s practice focuses on all aspects of trademark, copyright, unfair competition, and domain name law, including counseling clients regarding the selection, adoption, use, protection and registration of trademarks, as well as the registration of domain names and copyrights. Lisa’s practice includes both domestic and international clients and matters. Lisa also has litigation experience, including proceedings involving trademark, copyright, and domain name disputes before U.S. Federal Courts, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and the World Intellectual Property Organization. Lisa’s clients range from multi-billion dollar companies to small startup companies, all in a variety of industries.
Lisa is involved with numerous Intellectual Property organizations, including the International Trademark Association (“INTA”) and the Richard Linn American Inn of Court. She recently served as president of the Chicago Intellectual Property Alliance. Lisa also teaches and is an Adjunct Professor at Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law and Roosevelt University, and is a frequent speaker on Intellectual Property topics. Lisa has published numerous articles in the INTA Bulletin and she served as the Chair of the INTA Bulletin Committee, Law & Practice: US & Canada Subcommittee.
Lisa has been named to the Leading Lawyers Network℠ in 2011- 2019 for Intellectual Property Law. Her professional activities include:
International Trademark Association (INTA):
- Famous and Well Known Marks Committee, 2018 - present
- Public Resources/Enforcement Committee, 2014 – 2018
- INTA Bulletin Committee, Law & Practice: US & Canada – 2010 – 2014; Chair 2012 – 2014
- Internet Committee, 2008 – 2010
- Anti-Counterfeiting & Enforcement Committee, 2006 – 2008
Chicago Intellectual Property Alliance (CIPA):
- President (2014 - 2016)
- President-Elect (2012 – 2014)
Lisa worked at the law firm of Neal & McDevitt LLC for 18 years before joining Friedman Law Group and before that she was with DLA Piper. Her focus at both of those firms was in the area of Intellectual Property law, including trademarks, copyrights and domain name issues.
- LL.M. (Intellectual Property), 1998, with honors, The John Marshall Law School
- J.D.,1988, cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- American Jurisprudence Award in Trial Advocacy
- Member of Phi Delta Phi – Honorary Legal Fraternity
- B.A., 1985, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin